Wednesday 23 May 2007

Freaked out on Facebook

OK, I've joined a new thing online called facebook (see the links on the right).

Anyway, two freaky things have happenned since I joined last week. First, within 36 hours of joining, a former neighbour, who moved out like 20 years ago, dropped me a line. Out of the blue.

But that's nothing. Today I got a message from someone asking me to join an "Are you a Duckham" group - just for people with our last name. There are 26 members from all over the world, including rugby player David Duckham's daughter!

One of them has posted a partial family tree on another website: this one
http://duckham.myheritage.com/FP/home.php

I have no idea how we fit in. And I realised I don't know all that much about my heritage, so I'm going to have to find out. I know we hail from England about four generations back. Its not exactly a common name.

All this and I've been online with facebook for less than a week.

I'm officially freaked out.

No comments: