Wednesday 8 April 2009

Ahead of the Curve

It’s not a curve really, is it though? More of a diagonal line.

 

I have entered my weight loss progress into an excel spreadsheet throughout the year so far, and I’m tracking my progress. I’ve had some difficulty loading it onto the website so far, but as you can hopefully see, I’m ahead of the curve at the moment. I’m on 89kg, while at constant rate of loss I need to be on 92.1kg to be on track.

 

But being ahead of the curve is to be expected. In fact, I wonder if I’m far enough ahead at this stage.

 

Obviously when you change a diet and exercise regime your body takes a while to accommodate the changes…

 

Hang on, let me stress that this is completely uninformed speculation. Some will probably call this completely ham-fisted.

 

… anyways, my layman theory is that once these changes occur and your body has adapted to your lifestyle, it stabilises again.

 

Even before I finished that sentence I could see holes in that theory. Useless. When someone has an unhealthy diet with heaps of fat, and the energy/calories you put into your body is more than you take out, when would you possibly stabilise your weight? Seems nonsensical to me in that respect.

 

But maybe it is still true for losing weight, exercising and changing your diet. I can’t lose weight like this for ever, so my body must stabilise at some stage.

 

I dunno. I guess what I’m saying is that I’m not celebrating too hard about my progress so far. I think the second half of the year will be much tougher.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: