Thursday 5 March 2009

So Many Excuses to Put On Weight

Last night was my first night back in the gym after feeling crook. I couldve gone last Friday but I had an engagement party - not the sort of thing you want to turn up late to and simply say "sorry I was at the gym." Instead, I ran for half an hour around my old course through Shenton Park and Subiaco (about 6.6km).

So yesterday was my first opportunity to test myself. And to be honest, I woke up today feeling bloody fantastic. I didn't sleep all that much last night (about six hours, which is my absolute minimum), but I woke up and felt really refreshed and had a spring in my step. There's no mistaking it: it's down to the gym workout.

Before I go on though, I should make an admission. I couldn't do the full work out - yet again - because I had to head to my folks' afterwards. I pushed my luck by saying I'd be there at eight (way later than they normally eat), and was about ten minutes late nonetheless. It was strange how long it took me to finish up last night. And getting changed after my abridged cool-down swim was even stranger.

One thing I really fins awkward about Beatty Park is the change rooms. They're big, and very open. There are no real nooks and crannies where you could discreetly get changed. There is, unfortunately, nowhere to hide. What's more, the showers are open and right next to the urinal. Frankly it's very awkward being in there at all.

What makes it worse is that last night, I swear I saw the same guy in there, slowly getting changed, on a couple of separate occasions. Prett much in a permanent state of undress. Frankly that's a little scary. Not for me, as I suspect I'm a bit old for him. But it is quite uncomfortable.

Nonetheless, I got through my workout (well, 90 mins of 165 mins total), focussing on cardio rather than weights, but still doing some weights (especially core strength).

After all that, and a pretty poor diet last weekend, and coming back from sickness where I expected to gain the weight I lost, I weighed myself tonight.

I'm dead even at 92kg.

I think the spare tyre has sprung a leak, and is slowly deflating.

I don't deserve this.

And I don't have gastro, as far as I know.

No comments: