Thursday 12 February 2009

"I'm noticing things about my body"

Before alarm bells go off, let me assure you this entry is not going to turn in to a “so you’ve decided to go through puberty” sixties-style school special. Not on my watch.

I’m not quite stupid enough to believe that I have made a huge difference to my body yet. Not quite.

But for someone who, according to his friends, is a little too concerned with his body image (strange for someone who is neither too big nor perfectly chiselled), I’m noticing things.

I can’t really deny that, during my magnificent 2007 when I lost a shedload of weight, I would look at myself in the mirror and notice that some bits that used to be there weren’t anymore, or that some bits didn’t stick out as much, or that my shape had changed a bit. Rightly or wrongly, I convinced myself that I could notice these changes very frequently – on, say, a fortnightly basis.

The good news is that I am noticing some of the same, since-enlarged or since-reappeared bits are making themselves scarce. Probably, only I can tell at the moment, which probably makes these changes the equivalent of an imaginary friend. But some things, like a change in posture which lifts my shoulders have exaggerated these changes.

Anyways, knowing what changes to look for, and actually seeing those changes, it quite heartening. More details about my progress are coming in the next blog entry.

Ooooh, that’s a bit presumptive. Despite noticing these changes I’ve stuck to my regime of not weighing myself until the weekly weigh in on Thursday nights. I could well be writing checks my sizeable arse can’t catch. Because of its size.

... but on weighing myself tonight (after writing the rest of this blog), I can confirm I'm down to 94kg. And I had deep fried chicken masquerading as Japanese today.

No comments: