Saturday 8 August 2009

Back to the Gym

After the shambles that was last week, this week could only be an improvement.

And it was, marginally.

I couldn't run on Tuesday night because I worked late and had to head to my parents' place, and had pizza commitments on Wednesday nights. I managed to get a run in before making pizzas for the house.

The run felt not much better than last week, with a stitch developing early in the run and never really going away, I felt like I wasnt doing much better than last week, so when I finished I was surprised to see my time was a big improvement on the previous week: 46:20.

I was stoked with that, but even better, I was able to walk 48 hours later, unlike last week.

So on Thursday I headed to the gym and gave my upper body its first workout since my return. Not a very satisfying workout as I was again late getting there thanks to work. Again.

So after a lame week of exercise and (home made) pizza-related diet issues, I had some trepidation in approaching the scales.

Unlike the week after ToMarto Cup, I was unable to convincingly shake off the kilos, and I'm on 87.5kg.

No comments: