Thursday 11 June 2009

Snapping Off Two Nervous Ones

The reason I spoke last week about my music was because I expected to update my Fire Up playlist (such as it is called on my iPhone). But I had a series of frustrating encounters with iTunes and my parents’ computer which I wish I could say did not end in copious amounts of swearing.

It took a while – about four separate trips to my parents’ place – to sort it out.

But finally I made some changes, added some songs to my iPhone, which included the following additions to my playlist:

Never Miss a Beat – Kaiser Chiefs

Suddenly I See – KT Tunstall

You Know My Name – Chris Cornell

Khe Sanh – Cold Chisel

Love in the First Degree – Bananarama

You Shook Me All Night Long – ACDC

Thunderstruck – ACDC

Eye of the Tiger – Survivor

New Soul – Yael Naim

Man! I Feel Like A Woman! – Shania Twain

Spiderwebs – No Doubt

Sunday Morning – No Doubt

OK, now you’re wondering why I wasted so many hours and expletives on this exercise. Screw you then. If it makes me run faster it’s done its job.

Speaking of which, because of a rather large decision I made this week I have been extremely nervous for the last couple of days (as reflected in my Facebook status). For a while last night, I was tempted not to go to the gym, so nervous was I about what I’d done. But I figured I would never get to sleep if I didn’t do something to tire me out, and I didn’t have enough money for hookers so that left me with the gym.

It paid off – I had a bit more adrenalin in the system (or so it seemed) and I turned some potentially negative energy to good use. I find it’s generally a good thing to do exercise when you’re frustrated or apprehensive about something, or if you’re mentally fatigued. Sometimes it can freshen you up, even if it doesn’t take your mind off things completely.

It was payday today but I took the thrifty option and went to the gym again.

Did it pay off?

I'm steady at 87.5kg.

Bugger.

No comments: