Thursday 4 June 2009

My Playlist

I would be nothing without my playlist. Nothing. It keeps me fired up and motivated. Have a look at it:

Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand

Take On Me – A-ha

It's a Long Way to the Top – ACDC

Sabotage – Beastie Boys

Get Outta My Dreams – Billy Ocean

Atomic – Blondie

Song 2 – Blur

Rock the Casbah – The Clash

Lose Yourself – Eminem

Monkey Wrench – Foo Fighters

What's My Scene – Hoodoo Gurus

Rock and Roll – Led Zeppelin

Rock DJ – Robbie Williams

Master of Puppets – Metallica

Beds are Burning – Midnight Oil

One Night in Bangkok – Murray Head

Don't Stop Me Now – Queen

Fat Bottomed Girls – Queen

Kung Foo Sing – Regurgitator

Street Fighting Man – Rolling Stones

Superstition – Stevie Wonder

Dazed and Confucius – TISM

I'll 'Ave Ya – TISM

Let's Club It To Death – TISM

Greg! The Stop Sign!! – TISM

Out of Touch – Hall and Oates

1000 Miles Away – Hoodoo Gurus

Walk Idiot Walk – The Hives

Hey Ya! – OutKast/Andre 3000

Under Pressure – Queen & David Bowie

Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes

Stand by the Jams – KLF feat Tammy Winette

Suck My Kiss – Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Dani California – Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Born to be Alive – Patrick Hernandez

A Boy Named Sue – Johnny Cash

Disco Inferno – The Trammps

Father and Son – TISM

Fight for your Right –Beastie Boys

Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head – Gorillaz

Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash

The Fosters Car Park Boogie – TISM

Intergalactic – Beastie Boys

It's Raining Men – The Weather Girls

Jump In My Car – Ted Mulry Gang

Land of Sunshine – Faith No More

Living for the City – Stevie Wonder

Bohemian Like You – The Dandy Warhols

History Repeating – Propellerheads feat Shirley Bassey

Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon

My People – The Presets

Electric Feel – MGMT

It's a wonderful mix of faster and heavier songs, disco, and catchy tunes.

I did have another song on there, the excellent Love In the First Degree by Bananarama. It's a cracker. At least I thought I had it on this playlist. As I settled in to some exercises at the gym, imagine my horror when some slow crooning assaulted my ears and nearly put me to sleep. A different song, from Dad's collection, was on my iPhone instead! Infecting the other songs with its dagginess! It was Love In The First Degree by Alabama.

I had to get off the machine and change the song as soon as possible. I can be motivated by many ... um ... motives, but spite isnt one of them.

This week, after a run and two trips to the gym (and a long weekend, and decent feed on Wednesday), I'm up just a touch to 87.5kg.

No comments: